Saturday, August 9, 2008

Waxing the camper

I only have waxed on side of the trailer. Due to oxidation...the dirt just sticks to her. After my last trip I washed the exterior and realized how dirty she was. So...today I am going to wax the camper and try and get most of the aluminum polished. I also think I am going to paint the rest of the front of the trailer where the paint is pretty worn, but not enough to strip it down to aluminum.

My sister bought a 1960 Shasta 14 foot camper. She is planning on putting her camper into the local vocational program, (BOCES in NYS) to have it painted. She did this with her car and they did a good job. She only has to pay for the paint. It takes a little longer...but it is during the winter. I may consider doing the same if hers turns out good.

No comments: