Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trailering tips

During heavy rainstorms when I am trailering, my front window sometimes leaks. I use a clear duct tape on the middle window joints and it seems to work. I need to replace the gasket, but I wonder if this will really help in heavy downpours.

I also put down the dinette into a bed and cover the cushions with a plastic fitted sheet. I can then put whatever gear on the cushions without really worrying about getting them dirty or wet.

I also bungee the two cabinet handles about the sink. This cabinet often flies open.

I don't have a bumper or a place to put the huge spare tire. I just put this in the drop floor area. It is a pain in the butt at the site...as I have to keep it outside. I just put it in a contractors garbage bag. If it gets wet, I can just put the dry tire in when I pack up and fold up the bag. The contractors bag are rugged enough to hold the heavy tire. I actually keep several on hand to use as mini-tarps while camping.

1 comment:

Matthew Bruen said...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I enjoyed yours; you take excellent pictures! I'm glad to know others are out enjoying some of the beautiful spots I love.