Monday, August 4, 2008

Beaverkill Campground in the Catskills



I made reservations for the weekend because there was only a 10 percent chance of rain. Well...Friday the forecast changed. It rained off and on Saturday and Sunday. I did get some play time in though. It felt more like September..so no tubing. Saturday morning I caught a beautiful rainbow trout, 14 inches. A buddy of mine came and ate it for dinner..cooked on the campfire. Sunday morning I went back to my spot. They were biting like crazy, but my hook was wrong. I caught a 10 inch brown trout. I tossed him back. I then changed to a bigger hook and caught another 14 inch rainbow. Not a bad weekend at all.
My site was right on the river. When I was up in VT a few weeks ago. The Catskills also got hammered with rain. The river I was on was up 6 feet. It still was higher than I was a month ago. The roads were in really rough shape and some of the bridges were still closed.
The mattresses I got from Ikea are the best. It couldn't be more comfortable.




No comments: