Monday, September 1, 2008

Rollins Pond, the Adirondacks





Just back from 9 night in the Adirondacks. It was just beautiful...and I am exhausted from paddling and hiking. I went with a couple of friends who were in a house of nylon. Too tired to write...I'll just post some pics tonight.

My site was right on the lake. It wasn't the best site...but it was pretty good. We could canoe right from the site and tour the St. Regis Canoe reserve, 18,000 acres of lakes, ponds and streams. We did a few carries. We also hiked Ampersand Mountain and St. Regis Mountain on the cloudy days. It was good to get a little relief from the sun.


I had my Nova Craft canoe and my friends were in kayaks. I use a 9 foot kayak paddle when I am going solo...well kinda solo, but the dog doesn't paddle.

























4 comments:

Sue Smith said...

We really enjoy reading about your camping adventures, and also the pictures.

We just returned from a 8,516 mile trip. Going from Pa, and up thru Wis, Mn, ND, MT, Wash. and then returning going down the coast of Ca, and over through Ariz, NM, Tx, La. and back up.

Had a wonderful time seeing beautiful country,friends and loved ones.

We had our Metzendorf painted before the trip, plus installed closest air, where the old icebox had been. It was cracked so took it out. The air sure came in handy down south. We had lots of compliments on our Metzendorf. One guy thought we put a new skin on it or that they started making new campers to look vintage.

We pull the Metzendorf with a Hi-Top Van and got between 15 and 22 miles a gal. Didn't have a problems all of those miles. We tried to make sure everything was up to par before we left. The former owners didn't even know the camper had electric brakes, so they were like new.

Just thought you might like to hear how well our 1963 Metzendorf held up on such a long trip.

Sue

Metzendorf said...

I would love to see some pics of your metzendorf. Sounds like a great trip!

Sue Smith said...

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, except via of Email.

Your pictures come through great,hope to see more.

Metzendorf said...

If you email your photos to dorf62@optonline.net I can post them on the blog. I have seen about a dozen Metzendorf and they all are finished a little different. The photos are a great resource for those working on their trailer. I am thinking about creating a website for Metzendorf club over the winter to serve as a better forum.