Monday, July 9, 2012

Winhall Brook Campground in the Green Mountains, VT

FEMA runs a campground on the West River in the Green Mountains of Vermont. I got a site with a leanto. This was great to put the excess gear in. I recommend getting one if you can. We brought our screen from our screen room and hung it across the open side. Instant screen room! Was here for the week of 4th of July. Was great except for the generators... see previous post.

Private beach and swimming hole. The water was deep enough to swim and current strong enough to create an endless pool!

Campfire with great view of West River!

Hamilton Falls -- water much colder than West River!!

Grout Pond and view of Stratton

A 'leanto' not the one I was using...forgot to take a photo of my site!

Best chicken BBQ!

1 comment:

Doc said...

I've just recently inherited our family's 1961 Metzendorf. It's a 1961 12ft. model that Mr. Metzendorf sold to a young couple. They had a baby and thought it was too small. My parents bought it in 1962 and our family of 6 (!!!) spent all of our summer vacations and spring/fall trips in the Metz. I'm 90% complete on the restoration. Would love to know how it goes with your Metzendorf. Doc